The high quality of intermodal logistics services in the MIKO Group is possible due to our long-term partnership with many well-known transport companies. We constantly ship containers at ports around the world, which makes us especially flexible in solving problems of any complexity. We also offer the most cost effective and fastest solutions – combining maritime and rail logistics.
Main features of intermodal transport
- Wide and flexible geography of transportation: intermodal logistics connects all continents.
- The ability to transport any type of cargo: from huge machines to fluids in flexi tanks.
- Transport for any budget and task: multimodal transportation of goods is container transportation by sea, railway transportation of goods, and air delivery of goods.
What determines the cost of intermodal transportation?The cost of intermodal transportation depends primarily on the type of transport. Traditionally, air transportation is the most expensive, sea transportation is optimal in terms of cost, and rail transportation is relatively inexpensive. Distance and route matter: the more modes of transport are used, and the longer the distance, the more expensive the transportation.
Why is it worth ordering intermodal transportation of goods?3 reasons for intermodal logistics:
- Environmentally friendly. Carbon dioxide emissions and negative impact on the environment are reduced significantly when using sea and rail transport.
- Profitable. For many destinations, intermodal solutions have better prices.
- An excellent solution to complex logistics problems. Long distances, difficult routes, delivery of oversized and chemical goods from another continent - all this becomes possible with intermodal logistics.